I don’t really like those internet things where you answer silly questions about yourself, because I tend to think of them as “blog filler”, but this one caught my eye,
.1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
– That I hadn’t shaved all weekend. Actually it wasn’t so much the sight, but the feel. Aged 41, I finally have something closely resembling a fullish beard.
2. How much cash do you have on you?
– About $2 at the moment.
3. What’s a word that rhymes with “DOOR?”
– Whore. (such a boy thing to say)
4. Favorite planet?
– Uranus. (such a boy thing to say)
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your mobile phone?
– Susan (workmate)
6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?
– A normal one, but not the Nokia default. Only old men use the Nokia default because they don’t know how to change the ring. I hate pop tunes, by the way.
7. What shirt are you wearing?
– Nothing right now, it’s warm in Sydney tonight.
8. Do you “label” yourself?
9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing?
– Barefoot. After my last answer, please don’t think that I’m naked.
10. Bright or Dark Room?
– Dimly lit.
11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?
– Entertaining writer. First read her blog due to a link from Mark.
12. What does your watch look like?
– I don’t own a watch.
13. What were you doing at midnight last night?
– Drinking with mates.
14. What did the last text message you received on your mobile say?
– Til Wednesday, VT.
15. Where is your nearest 7-11?
– If you mean “Convenience Store”, it’s about 200m walk.
16. What’s a word that you say a lot?
17. Who told you he/she loved you last?
– My friend Sue (in a birthday card).
18. Last furry thing you touched?
– My legs.
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
– None. Does alcohol count?
20. How many rolls of film do you need developed?
– I actually do have one. It’s a disposable camera left over from our work Christmas Party a couple of years ago. I dare not have it developed.
21. Favorite age you have been so far?
– I love the quote from Anna Madrigal from “Tales Of The City” who remarked, “It hasn’t happened yet!”
22. Your worst enemy?
23. What is your current desktop picture?
– Swedish pop star, Magnus Carlsson (formerly from the band, Alcazar).
24. What was the last thing you said to someone?
– Thanks. (at the supermarket)
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?
– A million bucks buys a lot of plane trips.
26. Do you like someone?
27. The last song you listened to?
– Alla Mina Bastar Ar (by Frida, formerly of ABBA).
28. What time of day were you born?
29. Whats your favorite number?
– I like all those two-thirds numbers like 7, 67, 677 etc.
30. Where did you live in 1987?
31. Are you jealous of anyone?
32. Is anyone jealous of you?
– Yes, there’s someone at work who I’m sure is.
33. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
– I was at home watching the late night television news.
34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
35. Do you consider yourself kind?
– Yes, to a fault.
36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
– Swedish. (it’s the ABBA thing)
38. Would you move for the person you loved?
– Loved or liked?
39. Are you touchy feely?
– Not in a contrived “social” sense, but in a genuine way, yes.
40. What’s your life motto?
– Handle with care.
41. Name three things that you have on you at all times?
– There’s nothing that I have at all times.
42. What’s your favourite town/city?
– Sydney or Lismore
43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
– I sent my internet provider a “Direct Deposit” slip a few months ago. I don’t remeber the last time I wrote a letter, though, aside from email.
45. Can you change the oil on a car?
– Yes, that’s what you get growing up with a mechanic brother. I’m also quite good at carpentry and plumbing.
46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
– I won’t name names, but someone who is closely connected with a prominent Australian television personality. Nothing sordid, just a teenage crush.
47. How far back do you know about your ancestry?
– In Australia, it goes back to 1792.
48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?
– On Friday night, I went to a formal dinner.
49. Does anything hurt on your body right now?
50. Have you been burned by love?
– Ask all my friends… they’ll tell you.