For the most part I “ignore” most Facebook Group and Application invitations. “By agreeing to install this application you agree to share all of your information and those of your friends”.. blah blah blah.. just screams information harvesting to me. But tonight I came across a Facebook Group that actually makes a lot of sense to me. It’s called, “I don’t mind if the Swedes take over Australia“.
Think about how good this would be…
* We would finally get an efficient and clean public transport system.
* The Australian Republican Movement would wither on the vine, as we would finally have a Royal Family that was well-liked and respected.
* We’d get to see Melodifestivalen on the ABC every year. And not forgetting Allsang pa Skansen
* We would get H&M instead of K-Mart.
* We would never go to war again. etc, etc, etc
But it’s not just good for us. For the Swedes, it would mean…
* Somewhere nice to spend winter.
* A dramatic increase from 9 million to 30 million in the number of people who spoke Swedish.
* They would finally get an insight into the mindset of a people that became obsessed with ABBA, etc, etc, etc,
Frankly… I can’t see a downside.
8 thoughts on “Swedish Takeover”
The price of alcohol would rock sky high!
That won’t stop the Swedes or Australians to get plastered!
And, of course, the Swedes would acquire cricket as a national sport. I bet they can scarcely wait.
Peter – good point, I don’t think I’d like to see System bolaget introduced into Australia.
Victor – and we’d get ice hockey and cross country ski-ing.
yeah and it would be great to have such a great education…PAID to study marine biology and sail for free around the world…and funded/encouraged to take a gap year…I was BLOWN AWAY by stories of their education system. That was the thing that most impressed me about their country…and of course the standard of living and how they take in so many refugees…
Don’t you think you can be flogged for that flag?
My convict ancestors might have been flogged. I’m sure if the Swedes had taken over Australia, they would have just been given detention bracelets! :)
If only my Australian friends would buy into the idea that Australia should join the European Union.
Thanks for a nice blog – I found you through one of my Google alerts.
-Anders (Swede in Surry Hills)
Hej Anders! Velkommen til Surry :)